3401 Posts in 442 Topics - by 236 Members - Latest Member: chowhessuct

Author Topic: Course Proposal  (Read 10723 times)

Offline The Management

• Tournament Director
  • Fairway Driver
Course Proposal
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:36:26 PM »
A lil birdie has been pinching me about the course proposal.

As you can see with the quickdraw of a following proposal:

Old Course will require the following:

1) Ripping out concrete teepads of Pro #4 and both tees from #15
2) Inserting a treerific hole for #3 to connect between #2 new pin and #3 tee.
3) Inserting hole #5 coming out adjacent to #4 pin and going back into the woods.
4) Having teepad coming out of the woods going to current #4 pin to become #6
5) Having a treerific hole for #14 that comes out to the bridge - and crosses to current #17
6) 18 Ends at current #14

Note: current 15, 16, 18 becomes part of the new course.

New Course

Current 15 tee will change towards across the road from the practice basket by the Y in the road.
16 becomes #2
18 becomes #3
Then crosses the road on the east side
Picture New hole #7 - In order to incorporate the fountain and multitude of flowers - we will need a par 4 long hole to ensure everyone is throwing towards a landing area to avoid people trampling in the flowers.

#12 - might need some revision due to the fact that it will run along the road.

Around new holes #14, 15, 16, 17 - we must take into consideration that there is a small underutilized ballpark in that area.

new #16 will need some tree trimming.

Thoughts:
This layout allows for 33 continous holes should one be wanting.
I tried to minimize the potential "destruction/removal" of the current course. This being said, only 3 teepads will have to be removed with my current proposal. #4 blue tee, #15 red and blue tee.
Current #2 old pin will be somewhat out of the way in a reverse function of its current use.

We will need to figure out erosion control for the 4 wooded holes in the layout.
Should we be unable to use proposed old course layout #3 in the woods - we can add another hole by the bridge going out of the woods between #11(proposed 13) blue teepad and the lagoon.

Heavily populated area of playground/nelson center/baseball field are avoided.

Right now, I do not know the cross country trails to where we would have to do some minor tweaks in order to avoid being ON the path in terms of basket/tee.

we also would have no restroom facilities directly accessible to most of the course.

Trash will be a problem as there are limited trash bins.

And both #18's will end up with walking back to the current parking lot we have.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:38:16 PM by The Management »

Offline Aren

• Mid-Range
Re: Course Proposal
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 01:57:04 AM »
I like it.
chainedout.wordpress.com

Offline smurphy29

• Distance Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:32:39 AM »
Thread Drift- 12:57am. Aren what are you doing up so early??? ;D Back to course proposal.

TROTTER

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
What I like about #6 on the South Course is that it will incorporate that area that used to be a parking lot where some not great things would go down...  I think the Park District would like to see that space utilized as much as we do...

Offline DiscinFrog

• Recreational
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 08:23:39 PM »
looks real good.. will need to walk through it to get a better idea..

Offline The Management

• Tournament Director
  • Fairway Driver
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »

Here's another idea - with less holes on 5th street.

only concern right now would be figuring out 12 pin -> 13 tee and then 15 pin ->16 tee.

idea would be to have 13/16 teepad as a "V" layout for one teepad shared by both..

Similar to Keriakes #1 and #10...

TROTTER

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:56 AM »
Please consider this as the "Floor is OPEN" for discussion...

Offline smurphy29

• Distance Driver
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »
I think Ziggy is working hard on this big project. I don't have any major concerns because I know time and effort Ziggy has put into this course proposal. CaddyShack "Be the course, Ziggy" :)

Offline vivajet

• Course Professional
  • Recreational
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
I like both layouts, however I think it will be a better sell to the PD to have less holes going along the road.  Just make sure that it clearly shows that the holes are not going to interfere with any roads.

Btw, Thanks go out to Ziggy and anybody else that has something to do with this whole process.  Great work everybody. :D

Offline The Management

• Tournament Director
  • Fairway Driver
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
I gotta give props to machine and trotter. I have used their input and tweaked a couple holes.

If anyone wants to take a walk and share their thoughts with me in terms of fairway routes, u got my email.

Basket placements and exact tees will vary within 50 feet until it comes to the final flagging.

Offline smurphy29

• Distance Driver
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 08:16:37 PM »
Ziggy, don't tell anyone I told you this, but make the course as tough as possible, Tough lines, guardian trees, OB, baskets on steep angles, all the good stuff.  :) ;D

Offline The Management

• Tournament Director
  • Fairway Driver
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »
Murf - indeed.

Take proposed red ink #15

Learn how to use a roller or suffer the consequences.

Offline DaveO

• Recreational
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 01:51:07 AM »
Just spit ballin...not trying to offend anyone...except maybe myself...

I love Lincoln park...it rocks!  I also want more holes.  Oh, and I don't generally throw from the longest tees....I don't have that kind of arm, or accuracy...but...I hope to some day.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't sacrifice too much length, like on Old 3 from up by the shelter...I know that while that kind of length is just Mean toward people of my ability, I know I will like the challenge as I improve.

What is the range of the total of the old course?  what will be the range of the total of both new courses? I don't really need to know, just more as a something to think about.  I havn't played Lincoln enough to be able to guess just by looking at the maps you guys did. (though they are pretty good).

TROTTER

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
The overall length of Lincoln South (old) is significantly longer...  The #3 you see is a shot that is in the woods. Old #3 is intact as the new #4...

The new layout on the lower end will have the woods come in to play on 5 brand new redesigned holes. 

The new #11 is the old #9 - use that as a guide to get an idea of the "length" of the new layout.

We will have the option to add temp "golds" in the upper course that will add the length of full baseball fields to course layout on  3 to 4 holes... that is an extra 1200' by just nailing down 4 pieces of carpet for tourney day.

On a day to day basis Lincoln willl actually play longer from the reds on both courses than the current configuration if it is approved in its proposed layout.

Cross posted at BNDisc.com

DaveO,

I know it is hard to tell from a Google Map but the course is actually longer in this layout.

Old #3 is the New #4 untouched...

New #3 is in the woods behind the shelter and maintenance building down the hill - unused in the current layout.

A new #5 throws from the lower field back up the hill into the woods...

The new #6 is the current #4 but we back up into the woods and up the hill... This hole is going to Rock...  Think the temp #17 we have been playing from the top of the steps over the road when the lagoon was behing renovated....  But LONGER and instead of 2 trees and a Lamp Post to circumvent think 60 to 80 mature trees and a defined fairway...

Also to put the photo in perspective...  The new #17 on the lower course is the Current #12 teepad to the current #13 basket positions...

Thanks for you input... your question gives us an opportunity to explain scale of the available photo map.

Trotter
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:59:56 AM by jwt4412 »

Offline The Management

• Tournament Director
  • Fairway Driver
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 08:16:50 AM »

Just a sample from Gregg Hosfeld. Carpet temp tees for long tourney layout

I will not measure the new proposed distances until the snow goes away and the ground is not as muddy.